3/17/16

They Tell Me I Need 7-9 But I Only Get 3-5...

[side note: I started writing this thinking "I am going to be lazy and not punctuate and hope it looks cool since I have seen it done plenty of times" and in my attempt I realized that I am not that kind of asshole. I am of a different type of asshole. A lazy asshole in general but never too damn lazy to punctuate. Does that mean I am getting old or maybe I am already old and just have managed to fool myself for the last 5 years that I am still 25 when in fact I am reaching my mid _{M.Y.O.B}_ and just need to realize it. Punctuation and proper grammar are a sign of self respect & integrity and since I lack so much of that in my real life I might as well have it online. Where I don't know anyone.]

So every morning I wake up and I'm like damn I am so tired. I really need to go to bed earlier. Like for real this time. 

And every night there I am, 10:30 - 11 pm, debating whether I should keep my word or not and before I know it, it's 1:30 am and I am still trying to convince myself that one more stupid ass TV show won't kill me and I will make it up and take a nap during the day.

I convince myself that I really only need 5 hours of sleep anyway, unless there is beer or liquor involved prior to hitting the hay then a bitch needs like 10 or 12 hours and I will get them one way or another at someone else's expense. 

But last night it wasn't a stupid TV show that kept me up. It was a movie. A movie I have always wanted to watch and attempted to watch it a few weekends ago before I realized that there were too many adults partaking in too many adult beverages to even appreciate this film and all it's beauty. And not only do I hate telling people to shut the fuck I also don't know how to say it nicely so I just switched the movie to something we can all talk thru and not give a fuck.

So last night as I contemplated drifting off to the sweet sounds of my partner trying to summon the dead, I decided once and for all I was going to watch The Danish Girl. A reckless decision in retrospect, but fuck a retrospect.

It was beautiful from start to finish. The cinematography [I say that word like I know what it means exactly. I have an idea, sure, but right here right now as I type this out I am not 100% on its meaning so I am going to look it up aka google that shit so I can finally say/write it and really know what the fuck I am talking about - no longer will I educated-guess this shit, I am taking a stand - there I found the definition of it and I was right about what I thought it meant... now back to your scheduled programming] was enchanting and mesmerizing. Watching the transition of the character not only externally but internally as well. He did such a good job... so did his wife. I believed it, I felt it, I cried with her. She was gaining a best friend but losing her husband and not once did her loyalty falter. 

I went thru so many emotions watching it... I love when people just love each other. Regardless of their innate nature or what we've been taught or instructed on what's historically been acceptable or unacceptable. 

Just love, people. Just love. 

and go to bed early, and know the definition of words before you use them.... like for real, for real. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment